Trading pros may not think things are different. However, the public is reacting to suggestions that Wall Streets may be rigged against them.
In this cartoon, Darkow draws the Carnival Midway Game of Wall Street, "Spill the Milk" ... which disguises the super-fast high-frequency stock trading center for insiders only.
The Carny beckons to the 'Little Guy': "Step right up, friend... It's a game of skill. Trust Me!".
This kind of public sentiment often triggers regulatory scrutiny ... which, in turn, triggers new games of 'skill'.
Here are some of the posts that caught my eye. Hope you find something interesting.
- The Science of Making Your Story Memorable - Scott Adams. (Dilbert)
- 45 People Share the Best Piece Of Advice They’ve Ever Heard. (Thought Catalog)
- The Best April Fools’ Pranks of 2014. (TechCrunch)
- Meet The Seven People Who Hold The Keys To Worldwide Internet Security. (The Guardian)
- Chicago Police Department Believes It Can See The Future, Starts Warning Citizens About Crimes They Might Commit. (TechDirt)
- Will Last Year's Winners Be This Year's Losers? (BlackRock)
- Goldman Sachs Chief: The Responsible Way to Rein in Super-Fast Trading. (WSJ)
- Themis Trading Response To Goldman Sachs Market Structure Op-ed. (ThemisTrading)
- Technical Analysis Practice: Contrast between Individuals and Professionals. (DragonflyCap)
- Scott Adams Blog: Robot Geniuses are Coming. (Dilbert)