So there is a new Pope. They probably didn't pick him this way.
Here are some of the posts that caught my eye. Hope you find something interesting.
- 6 Key Things You Should Know About Pope Francis. (The Week)
- How the Conclave Picks a Pope: By the Numbers. (NYMag)
- 5 Things About Popes and Their Names; Like, Why Do They Change Them? (NPR)
- Boehner Turns Down Invitation to Visit Pope. President Obama invited John Boehner to travel with Vice President Joe Biden to Rome to watch the Roman Catholic Church install its first pope from the Americas in its 2,000-year history. (WSJ Video)
- How Rich Is the Catholic Church? Nobody really knows, because religious groups don’t need to follow regular accounting and disclosure rules. (Slate)
- Lessons From Past Dow Milestones. (MarketWatch)
- Could the Dow really reach 36,000? Surge greeted by at least one outlandish prediction (TW)
- Secret and Lies of the Bailout. Taibbi warns the worst may be yet to come. (RollingStone)
- Move Over, Goldman. College grads are clamoring to work for a different firm this year. (TDB)
- Amazon Launches ‘Amazon Coins’ In Its First Move Into Virtual Currency. (TechCrunch)