It's day 2 of the government shutdown; but what does that actually mean?
- "Essential" government services will still run even if employees aren't getting paid - USPS, TSA, Social Security
- Other "non-essential" government employees will be "furloughed" and told to stay at home.
- Military will be required to work, but won't be paid until Congress comes to an agreement
- Employees will be paid retroactively once an agreement is met.
Efficiency at its finest ... or a force function to get the children to play nicer with each other?
Here are some of the posts that caught my eye recently. Hope you find something interesting.
- Want to Get Wisdom? Be Your Own Crowd. (Bloomberg)
- NASA Just Proved It Can Navigate Space Using Pulsars. Where to Now? (Wired)
- It's So Cold in Russia that Thermometers are Breaking. (BGR)
- What Robot Strippers Say about Sexism, Tech and the Future. (AP News)
- Benjamin Franklin Built His Character around 13 Virtues and Following His Weekly Plan Could Change Your Life. (BusinessInsider)
- How Donald Trump Has Remade the Rules for Business. (Wall Street Journal)
- Fed Paid $29.3 Billion to Banks 'Not' to Lend in 2017; Gave $80 Billion to Treasury. (ZeroHedge)
- One Person is Probably Responsible for Almost 600 Percent of Bitcoin's Price Rise. (Mashable)
- Kodak's Pivot to Crypto Seems to Be Working out Quite Nicely. (FastCompany)
- These are the Biggest Risks for Businesses in 2018, According to the World Economic Forum. (Fortune)