Are the Olympics over yet? No? Here are some worthwile momements, in case you missed them.
For example, here, a woman tried to snap a picture of the hockey game between Russia and Slovenia — but instead she got an eyeful. Call it a new form of 'Selfie'.
And here's one the Wide World of Sports would call the "Thrill of Victory and the Agony of Defeat".
For more Olympic pictures, click here.
Here are some of the posts that caught my eye. Hope you find something interesting.
- Why Big Data Might Be More About Automation Than Insights. (GigaOM)
- Better Than Human: Why Robots Will — And Must — Take Our Jobs. (Wired)
- Why Are We Here? Evolution’s Dirty Secrets. (Salon)
- How Roommates Replaced Spouses in the 20th Century. (The Atlantic)
- Debunking the Myth of the 10,000-Hours Rule: What It Actually Takes to Reach Genius-Level Excellence. (Brain Pickings)
- FED: "Lower Rates Don't Induce Investment." Wasn't That a Central Tenet of Monetary Policy? (BI)
- Are Trading and Gambling the Same? (FuturesMag)
- Statistics Done Wrong: A Guide to Common Analysis Mistakes. (Online)
- IBM Announces $1B Watson Group, Moves Jeopardy Ace Computer To NYC. (Forbes)
- DeathWatch 2014 - Companies on the edge of irrelevance. These five companies won’t die, but they may not escape 2014 in one piece. (ArsTechnica)