While traveling last week, I logged on to Facebook and found this gem from a friend.
Between What I think, What I want to say, What I think I said, What I have really said, What you want to hear, What you think you hear, What you really hear, What you want to understand, and Understanding, there are 9 ways to be misunderstood.
Well said; but still not sure I understand ...
Here are some of the posts that caught my eye. Hope you find something interesting.
- Scott Belsky on How to Avoid Idea Plateaus. (BrainPickings)
- Ten 100-Year Predictions That Came True. (BBC)
- The Next Great Motivational Speaker. This kid was a hoot. (Video)
- Did Iran Really Send the U.S. a Toy Model of the Captured Drone? (Slatest)
- Top 1% of Mobile Users Use Half of World’s Wireless Bandwidth. (NYTimes)
- At Davos World Economic Forum, Fear of Global Contagion Dominates. (HPost)
- Why Economic Growth Is Not Imperative. (BigThink)
- Stratfor's Annual Forecast 2012. (Stratfor)
- China Outshines US as the Top IPO Venue. (FinancialTimes)
- Emerging Markets Represent the Future for HFTs. (AdvancedTrading)
- Mohamed El-Erian: Investing in a 'Fat Tail' World - WSJ.com. By pushing interest rates to very low levels, central banks are pushing investors out the risk spectrum. (WSJ)